Do you have your reservations for this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival? This year it starts on September 27, 2013 and runs through November 11, 2013. We have our reservations and will be doing some live postings while we are there.
|2012 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival|
Click to download your copy of this year’s festival guide from > here < so you can start making your plans.
The International Marketplace kiosks include 200 items, with more than 30 new food offerings and 60-plus additions to the beverage list. The list of marketplaces this year includes:
Africa, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Cheese, China, Desserts & Champagne, Fife & Drum, Florida Local, France, Germany, Greece, Hawaii, Hops & Barley, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, New Zealand, Poland, Scotland, Singapore, South Korea, and Terra.
|2013 Epcot International Food and Wine Fesival|
Scotland is new this year and official Epcot International Food & Wine website lists its goodies:
- Seared Scottish salmon with cauliflower puree, watercress and malt vinaigrette
- Vegetarian haggis with neeps & tatties (griddled vegetable cake with rutabaga and mashed potatoes)
- Scottish banoffee tart with bananas, Scottish whisky toffee, Walkers Shortbread Cookies and sweet cream
- Innis & Gunn® Original
- Loch Lomond featuring Glenfiddich® 12 year
- Glenfiddich Scotch Flight (12, 15 and 18)
|2013 Epcot International Food and Wine Guide Map|
I always have my list of favorites and this year they include:
- Canada: Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Argentina: Beef Empanada
- Germany: Roast bratwurst in a pretzel roll
- Ireland: Lobster and seafood fisherman’s pie and Kerrygold cheese selection: reserve cheddar, Dubliner with Irish Stout, Skellig
- Poland: Kielbasa and potato pierogie with caramelized onions and sour cream
- Hops & Barley: Lobster roll with lemon herb mayonnaise
- Plus many more as I find something I like at each Marketplace
There are always new tastes to try and this year Scotland sounds wonderful. You can easily find something to try at each of the Marketplaces as you eat your way “around the world”. I know I try.
What’s your favorite delights at the EIF&WF? I hope you get to go and enjoy them all!
One of my favorite memories is not of food but of something my wife overheard. As they were walking past us a man was telling his wife: “This is GREAT!! Every few feet you get a snack and a beer!!”
For the official Epcot International Food & Wine Festival web site click > here <.
I’m looking forward to this year’s trip—